Personal Planning Ideas
Stock for a Gift Annuity: A Great Trade
The stock market seems to hit new highs every day, providing an opportunity for donors to cash in on their investment success, minimize taxes and possibly increase annual income . . . more
Creative Year-End Giving Ideas
As the end of 2018 approaches, many people who regularly support charity are planning their annual year-end gifts . . . more
Six Ways Your Estate Plan Can Go Out of Date
Estate taxes have changed significantly in the past few years, now sheltering estates up to $11.18 million . . . more
The High Cost of Not Having a Will
“I don’t need a will; I’m not rich enough to own an estate. Besides, I don’t want to pay a lot of legal fees.” . . . more
Be sure to check this site each month for new planning ideas. If you would like to receive our Personal Planning Ideas by e-mail each month, please click here.
September 2018 Archive
• Still Time to Make 2018 Better
• Six Reasons to Have a Will
• Buy? Sell? Ask Questions First
• Financial Communication Also Important in a Marriage
August 2018 Archive
• Jump-Starting Year-End Planning
• Revocable Charitable Gifts an Option to Consider
• Provide Family Support During Estate Administration
• Alternative Route to IRA Funds
July 2018 Archive
• I Have a Will — Do I Also Need a Living Trust?
• Reviewing Beneficiary Designations
• When Do I Need to Update My Will?
• Estate Planning for Those on Their Own
June 2018 Archive
• Gift Annuity Rates to Increase
• Profitable Lessons from a Tax Return
• Mid–Year Resolutions
• Family + Charity = Satisfaction
May 2018 Archive
• Planting Season for a Harvest of Tax Savings
• Special Planning for Special Needs
• Who Should Be Your Executor?
• Write to Your Family, Right from Your Heart
April 2018 Archive
• How Much Insurance Do You Really Need?
• Talk about the Estate Planning Facts of Life
• Tying the Knot, Senior Style
• How Will You Spend Your Retirement Savings?